American Basement Solutions By 1.bp.blogspot.com
Resolution: 269 x 125 · 16 kB · jpeg
Size: 269 x 125 · 16 kB · jpeg
Damage was limited to $700 when a dehumidifier caught fire in the basement of a LaGrange Park home on the 1100 block of Robinhood Lane, Fire Chief Dean Maggos said. Maggos credits the resident’s immediate call and the Fire Department’s quick response According to a news release, the fire started in a basement dehumidifier. The home's occupant reported smoke coming from the basement and was able to safely exit the home with her dog. The resident was the only person home at the time of the fire. As the result of basement flooding, mold can begin to develop in impacted areas as little as two days later, cautions the Michigan Department of Community Health. Once all standing water has been removed, use a dehumidifier and fans to continue to dry out APPLETON – A basement fire in Appleton is getting the attention of fire officials not necessarily because of the damage, but the suspected cause, a dehumidifier. A recall on millions of dehumidifiers reminds homeowners of the issue. Andy Vander Heyden APPLETON – The Appleton Fire Department says a dehumidifier likely started a fire Saturday evening. This happened in the 1200 Blk. of West Lawrence Street. When crews arrived, they found thick, black smoke coming from the basement. They quickly put out Q: I have just purchased a home that has a partially finished basement. During the home inspection, it was pointed out that the carpeting was put directly on the slab. There are two dehumidifiers running 24/7. No moisture was noted. What flooring would be .
Scott Razzino's 26-year-old house in Atlanta has a damp basement. Although he's directed gutter runoff away from the house and sealed obvious air leaks that would contribute to the problem, he's still running a 65-pint dehumidifier to keep the moisture Q: I am going away for the summer and my house will be unoccupied. When I did this last summer, I noticed when I returned in the fall that the basement smelled of mildew. I'm sure the humidity in the air had something to do with it. Should I run the air A dehumidifier appears to be the cause of a basement fire. APPLETON, Wis. (WFRV) - Firefighters were busy Saturday night battling a basement fire. Just before 7 P.M. Appleton Firefighters responded to West Lawrence Street. The Appleton Fire Departmentsays .